Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Q: I want to start a dairy farm with cross-breed Holstein-Friesian cows.

Q: I want to start a dairy farm with cross-breed Holstein-Friesian cows. I have __ acres of land with irrigation facilities where I can grow green fodder. The climate in my area is extreme with summer temperatures as high as 46-47 degrees Celsius and winter temperature as low as 5-6 degrees Celsius. Electricity is available in my village but not always.

Ans: Cross-breed Holstein-Friesian cows can withstand extreme temperatures. However, you have to make sure that the cows you buy are not more than 60% pure breed. A dairy farm needs very less electricity and the major requirement is only for cutting the fodder and water pump which can be managed when there is electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment